- Quality Lessons and Activities – Nothing beats quality, and Evan-Moor’s standard for quality lessons is like no one else. To me, a quality activity gets kids interested in meaningful learning, rather than boring worksheets that squash kids’ natural curiosity. Evan-Moor provides activities to keep kids focused and learning. Win for kids. Win for parents, too!
- Saving Time – Most people I know love to save time. TeacherFileBox saves TONS of time. How? You simply type in the skill and grade level, and TA-DA! Ready-to-use lesson plans and printables are at your fingertips. Goodbye hours of lesson planning!
- Saving Money – Everyone likes to save money. Curriculum can be pricey, especially if you have more than one child. By using TeacherFileBox, you can access literally thousands of lesson plans across grades PreK through 8 for one price!
- Saving Space – Instead of buying tons of materials that you (ahem) may or may not use, TeacherFileBox is all digital. You don’t have to drag out a tub of materials. You don’t have to thumb through books to choose lessons or printables. You just need an internet connection and screen. You can go green and just have your kids do the activities from the computer screen and save paper, too! If you want to print out activities, it can be done with one click.
- Customized for YOUR Child – Most kids’ abilities are not exactly on their grade level in every subject. Is your child advanced in math? Access the next grade level at no extra cost. Does your child need extra practice or review in last year’s grammar? No problem! It is all there.
- Choose activities based on your child’s interest – When you search activities in TeacherFileBox, there will almost always be more than one option. You can quickly scan each of the activities to choose the one that will interest your child the most.
- Search by each Evan-Moor publication – This is a newer feature called Browse by Title that is saving me tons of time and improving efficiency (Hoorah!). I have some Evan-Moor books that I have used for years, and I can quickly search those books digitally and print out only what I need. I can also save them to my account “file box,” so I can quickly locate them when it is time to share them with the kids.
The BIG BONUS here is that there is a variety of types of activities in TeacherFileBox. Why? Evan-Moor knows that curriculum needs to serve 3 purposes:
- Introduce and teach the skill or knowledge, such as Reading Paired Text (comparing two new stories).
- Practice how well you do the skill or apply the knowledge, such as Daily Math Practice.
- Use the skill or knowledge to apply to real-life situations. (Be sure to check out Thinking Skills. I think it is my favorite, and my kids love it!)
Does your curriculum do all of that? Probably not. You would likely need to buy 3 different curriculum books for each subject, which can get expensive quickly. However, TeacherFileBox has over 16,000 lessons from over 400 Evan-Moor publications ready for you to access for $12.99 per month or $99.99 per year.
In TeacherFileBox, all of the activities are available for one monthly price, and it is less than dinner out! Better yet, you can try it for 30 days for free! Be sure to check out the tips on www.TeacherFileBox.com to help you get started.
If you still aren’t convinced, I encourage you to connect with me on Periscope, where I will be sharing live video of how I use TeacherFileBox to create custom lesson plans for my kids this semester. My Periscope handle is @teachingwithamy. I look forward to connecting with you.
If you have any questions or feedback about TeacherFileBox, please post them in the comments.
Amy Michaels is a certified teacher with 11 years of elementary classroom experience who is actively homeschooling her own children. Her mission is share the best teaching methods and resources with all homeschoolers. Amy supports parents through her podcasts, webinars, and online training for homeschoolers on her website http://www.thrivehomeschooling.com.