In this Thanksgiving creative writing activity, students are asked to imagine their favorite kind of pie and describe what happens next when they see the pie sitting on the counter, just waiting. Ideal for grades 2–6.
- Five things I am most thankful for
- Compare the first Thanksgiving to the way your family celebrates
- Pretend you are living in Plymouth Colony and write a letter to a friend in London
- If I could speak to Squanto, I would ask…
- If I were a child on the Mayflower…
Quick Write Topics:
- If I were an animal, I would be…
- The food I like the most
- The food I hate the most
- How to grow a pumpkin
- Grandma’s house
These creative writing prompts are from Giant Write Every Day: Daily Writing Prompts, grades 2–6.
Save this “Pie, Please” writing activity pin on Pinterest.
Theresa Wooler has more than 10 years’ experience in K–6 classrooms as a parent volunteer and homeschool educator, has taught high school English, and is currently involved in education through Evan-Moor’s marketing communications team